Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Carnivores Dilemma

Dear Guru,

I’m a meat eater. I love meat. I love meat so much that I wrap my meat with meat. My conscience has never suffered from my carnivorous ways so much so that I can eat veal without even flinching. Now, my boyfriend is a vegetarian. He hates meat and thinks that people who eat it are evil. If he had his way, the whole world would never be allowed to eat anything that once had a face. He’s so committed to his vegetarianism that he’s contemplating becoming a vegan and already won’t eat anything that has milk, eggs or cheese in it. We both love to eat out but constantly fight over where to go. In my effort to be more understanding, I’ve been going to more vegetarian restaurants but they’re all super gross. Got any suggestions on where we both can dine?

Sincerely,

Just Plain Hungry



Dear Hungry,

Now that vegetarianism has been mainstream for many years, there are quite a few restaurants that have great options that are tasty and meat free. One of my absolute favorite places is Maoz. This casual vegetarian eatery started in Europe and has slowly migrated to American. They make the best falafels that come with Belgian fries and an all you can eat salad bar that has such options as sautéed broccoli, seasoned carrots and tomato salad to name a few. Everything is made fresh (even their juices and lemonade is made fresh). This place is absolutely delicious, and as a meat lover myself I’ve never left there unsatisfied. For a full review of Maoz, check out A Skinny Girl’s Guide to Eating or check out these other vegetarian-friendly eateries on Yelp NYC. Happy Dating!






Got a dating question? Email the Guru at thedatingguru6@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I think this posting is quite strategic for someone who is misguided in the dating realm. First, the eatery you have chosen is practical. Given this economic crunch, I think Maoz is a viable option because the food is delicious and the food is inexpensive. Second, it was a good idea that you have listed all Maoz locations. This shows that is a popular place to eat and it easily accessible!

    ReplyDelete